Due to high volume, Prismatic Powders is not accepting training program requests at this time.
Prismatic Powders offers the only one-on-one custom powder coat training program. Prismatic Powders training courses are custom designed to meet each customers learning objectives. With individual training, our instructors are able to speak with students prior to the training course and tailor each class to meet the specific needs of every customer.
Customers can apply any of Prismatic's vast array of colors on their own parts or those supplied by Prismatic. Courses are taught at Prismatic's Training Facility in White City, Oregon or onsite.
If you are interested in becoming a Prismatic Powders Certified Applicator, please download (right-click and select 'Save Link As...'), fill out, and return the Applicator Questionaire Form below.
Below are topics typically covered in most courses.
- Metal Prep.
- Racking Techniques
- Choosing the right powder for the right application.
- Basic to advanced powder coating application.
- Proper curing techniques and schedules.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting defects.
- Proper equipment and operation.
- The importance of fluidizing and correct powder delivery.
- Re-works, stripping and powder burn off.
- Hands on application for top coats, two coats, metallics,
textures, powder fades and other specialty powders.